Our Terms & Conditions
WE UPDATED OUR TERMS & CONDITIONS ON SEPTEMBER 1, 2019.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS:
By accessing or using the Suite 3 Marketing (“We”, “Our”, “Us” “Suite 3”) Website, You (“You”, “Your”, “Client”) agree to be bound by these Terms, which You acknowledge that You have read and understood.
We reserve the right, at Our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these Terms at any time. You must review these Terms at https://www.suite3marketing.com/terms-conditions/ on a regular basis to stay informed of any changes.
PAYMENTS, TERMS, RENEWALS, EXTERNAL PROVIDERS:
- Website Development Payment Obligations: A down payment is required to begin the development of your website. This is usually 50% of the design fee unless an alternative contract or proposal specifies an alternate amount. The outstanding balance on your website is due after the design, navigation, and pages have been approved and built.
- Website Development Cancellation: If site design and development work has already begun (such as creating a design concept), then the down payment is non-refundable. Suite 3 Marketing may elect at its sole discretion to offer a partial refund depending upon the circumstances.
- Stock Photography Payment Obligations: Stock photography includes most photos and/or images not provided by the client. Stock photography purchased on behalf of a client for use in website development is billable. This amount is separate from the amount quoted for website design and development. Some pictures are more expensive than others, in which case we will solicit client approval and communicate the cost to purchase photos before purchasing.
- Ongoing Website Costs: There are two types of ongoing costs: domain registration/renewal and hosting.
- Domain name registration/renewal: This cost recurs annually. Domain name registration gives you exclusive rights to a certain name, such as www.mygroup.org, so that you can use it for your web-based purposes. We recommend GoDaddy as our preferred domain name registrar, and we can assist you in creating a GoDaddy account for annual renewals of your domain name. You will be required to provide your company credit card in order for Suite 3 Marketing to establish your company’s GoDaddy account; Suite 3 Marketing will NOT retain your credit card information after the account has been created.
- Hosting: This cost recurs monthly, and includes secure website hosting, your SSL certificate for ensuring a secure website (HTTPS://), secure daily backups, timely updates to all required plugins, themes, and Content Management System (if applicable).
- Hosting Renewal: Your hosting account will be automatically renewed each month unless you provide written notice to Suite 3 Marketing that you wish to cancel; please provide the notice at least 5 days prior to the end of the current month. Your website will be removed from our server after the last day of the month for which you had service.
- Hosting Transfer Payment Obligations: If you wish to transfer your hosting to another provider, Suite 3 Marketing can, upon request, assist with this. There may be charges related to any transfer that cannot be easily facilitated by providing ftp access.
- Website Maintenance: There are no required maintenance fees other than domain registration and hosting. Most clients require some content maintenance work on their site throughout each year, however, for which we offer several plans. We can make certain parts of the site updatable by you by implementing a Content Management System (CMS). For any work we do on the site after going live, we charge on an hourly basis. If you expect that maintenance will be a regular occurrence, you can purchase a prepaid maintenance contract that affords a discounted hourly rate. If you wish to do so, we will customize a maintenance plan tailored to your needs, but no plan is required.
- Digital Advertising Payments: You will be required to provide your company credit card in order for Suite 3 Marketing to establish your company’s Google, Facebook, or Instagram Ads account; Suite 3 Marketing will NOT retain your credit card information after the account has been created. All advertising charges from Google and Meta will be billed directly to you. Suite 3 Marketing will charge you for any custom graphics, ad design, audience creation, or scheduling of your ads at the time that each ad goes live.
- All non-website-related services provided by Suite 3 Marketing are invoiced after completion of the service and are billed at an hourly rate unless negotiated separately.
- After payment for each has been received, the Client retains ownership of the following:
- Social Media Accounts established by Suite 3 Marketing for the client.
- Social Media Posts created by Suite 3 Marketing for the client.
- Website Blog Articles created by Suite 3 Marketing for the client.
- Photography and Videography created by Suite 3 Marketing for the client.
- Custom graphics and logos created by Suite 3 Marketing for the client.
- Printed Marketing Pieces created by Suite 3 Marketing for the client.
- Copy/Copywriting services created by Suite 3 Marketing for the client.
- Marketing Plans created by Suite 3 Marketing for the client.
- Website components that are transferable to another host include HTML code, graphics, logos, pictures, navigation, text, and the data residing within a database (excluding proprietary code – refer to the section below for more detailed information).
PROPRIETARY SOURCE CODE, THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE, TRANSFERABLE WEBSITE COMPONENTS:
Should the client contract with Suite 3 Marketing to write custom code for a website application, this code is not transferable to a new developer or host. Custom-written source code is considered the property of Suite 3 Marketing and cannot be shared with other developers. Clients are granted a license to use custom software code while on Suite 3 Marketing’s servers only; Suite 3 Marketing retains ownership of custom code.
In some cases, Suite 3 Marketing will install software for the client’s use that has been built by a third party. Examples include WordPress software, themes, optimization plugins, shopping carts, photo galleries, etc. In these instances, clients will be subject to the terms and conditions of the third party who owns the software and may use the software as a licensee only. No ownership rights of any kind are transferred to the client.
Website components that ARE transferable to another host include HTML code, graphics, logos, pictures, navigation, text, and the data residing within a database (excluding proprietary code). Hourly fees will apply for any special work that needs to be done to transfer those parts of the website that do not violate the other paragraphs in this section.
Hours of Operation
- Our office is open Monday through Friday 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. EST
- We close for all US government observed holidays.
If you have questions or comments regarding services provided by Suite 3 Marketing, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 404-723-8965.